Dialysis Facility Compare (DFC) is an internet website that provides important information and resources for patients and family members who want to learn more about chronic kidney disease and dialysis. It also includes links to other websites with information about chronic kidney disease, hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, pediatric dialysis, kidney transplants, and family support. This information can be found in the Resources section of the DFC website. Here are instructions on how to use DFC.
It can help you:
- Search for Medicare certified dialysis facilities in any State
- Compare the services offered at dialysis facilities
- Compare the quality of dialysis facilities
- Find more information and links on kidney disease and dialysis treatments.
Look at the information on Dialysis Facility Compare carefully. Use it with other information as you compare facilities and decide where to get dialysis. You should also:
- Visit facilities that interest you
- Talk to dialysis facility staff and patients
- Review questions to ask your dialysis care providers
- Talk to your doctor
- Contact kidney disease groups