The mission of Network 2 is to promote healthcare for all ESRD patients that is safe, effective, efficient, patient-centered, timely, and equitable. With this is mind, Network 2 works to engage and empower ESRD patients to be actively involved in their care and assists ESRD providers to improve quality of care through a three AIMs approach: Better care for the individual through beneficiary and family centered care, Better health for the ESRD population, and Reduce costs of ESRD care by improving care.
IPRO is identifying innovative, creative and passionate team members to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your skills and experience to support the transformation of healthcare related to care for ESRD patients.
Under the general direction of the Director, assist in developing, implementing, evaluating and refining the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Network’s quality improvement program for dialysis and renal transplant facilities.
- Provide technical assistance to Network facilities and education to clinical staff on continuous quality improvement techniques, national and regional quality improvement initiatives, patient safety, and in-house quality assurance programs as requested, and in response to findings of quality improvement projects, and/or recommendations of the Director and Medical Review Board.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of educational programs.
- Assist the Quality Improvement Director and the Patient Services Director in responding to quality of care inquires from patients and other concerned individuals consistent with the Network’s Grievance Procedure for Resolving Issues Related to Quality of Care, and guidelines from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Respond to requests for information from patients and providers in the Network’s service area.
- Establish and maintain relationships with related agencies and professional organizations within the Network’s service area that share a common focus. Represent the IPRO ESRD Network of New York at national meetings and on conference calls of the Network QI Directors, Quality Net sessions, and CMS work groups.
- Monitor facility response to recommendations of the Medical Review Board, including the development and implementation of plans to correct deficiencies identified through grievance resolution, special studies, and profile analyses.
- Maintain current, updated clinical information on all ESRD issues through materials in journals, computer generated renal list servers, and by attendance at ESRD educational programs and webinars.
- Support the Medical Review Board (MRB) in conjunction with the Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to develop clear and concise reports and effectively communicate with, and be understood by, persons contacting the Network via telephone, electronic, or other written communication.
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills with the ability to deal professionally and successfully with a diverse population.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to identify key assignment tasks, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and particularly in use of Excel for data collection, tracking, analysis, and presentation.
- Knowledge of state/federal agencies, community resources and nephrology are desirable.
- An understanding of continuous quality improvement concepts and tools.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, preferred. Will consider 2 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in Nephrology preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team dedicated to improving patient care and outcomes, required.
- Professional certification, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran